Saturday, November 21, 2009

We´re here!



We are in the town of Bacalar tonite to get ice cream and internet. These first photos are from the village where we have held VBS for 2 days, played with children and ate yummy local corn.







This is the pool on the mission campground, very good for cooling off after our sweaty work projects!



Clearing brush by the entrance

Building new tables




Varnishing play structure









playing with ninos in the village

















VBS in the church

























Crafts at VBS























Making paper airplanes with the craft paper














Corn with chili powder and limes - yum!






3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are all having a BLAST! You are all in my prayers! I'm so glad that you all had this wonderful opportunity. The kids look so happy that you are there, and I know you are all a great blessing to them!!! Keep up the good work... and BRENNA- did you give them my lolipops???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for keeping us updated! :) So fun to see the pictures and people . . . praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) This is so cool!

    I probably can't say it any better than Christina already did, but....I guess I could try, right?

    I, too, have been praying for you guys! Every time it comes to mind (which is often, I promise)! I can't wait for you all to come back and share your stories. And I know that the stories won't mean as much to me as it does to you, but I still like to hear them. Is that selfish?
    I hope not.

    I agree with Christina when she says that the kids look so happy. The look very blessed to have you there, and I'm sure they're so grateful!

    I look up to you all. I've been praying mostly for your safety, but I think I should start praying more for what you get out of it. I once heard that the people that go on the mission get more out of it than the people that they go for. I'm excited to see what God has in store for all of you! I'm sure that this is all just preparing you for something so much bigger (not that this isn't big).

    Even though you've only missed two days of school, you're all missed. It's amazing how much of a gap seems to be taken out of the school without you all. But, I suppose it's better that you're in Mexico making a difference in kids' lives than here, right?

    Ugh. I'm trying to multi task while writing this comment. And, being a guy, I can't do that. Wanna know why?
    Good, I'm not going to tell you anyways.

    Anyways, keep it up everyone!! If this were a sport, I'd be a HUGE fan!! Whoo!! Haha

    -Kyle Clark

    ReplyDelete